“Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” (World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED). Our common future. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987 p. 43).
As part of our responsibility and the growing awareness to the worlds’ limited resources, we are the first engineering company in Israel to implement Sustainable Built Environment and comply with the LEED – Leadership in Energy Environmental Design American standard. In the past year we have been working in participation with other enterprises, to implement different aspects of sustainable built environment at their sites.
The sustainable built environment focuses on improving the quality of life without increasing the use of natural resources, beyond the capacity of the environment to supply them indefinitely. It is based on principles of utilization of energy, use of environmentally-friendly building materials and the ability to recycle. The sustainable built environment considers the environmental aspect an integral part of planning and executing any building project.
To learn more about our activity in the field EHS
ISO 14001 – environmental management system certification.
To achieve certification a company must demonstrate to an independent third party auditor that they have effectively implemented and maintain an environmental management system that meets or exceeds standards set by the ISO 14001 organization. As verification our registered sites have been awarded Certificates of Achievement. These may be viewed on our Environmental Management System Certificates.
IS 18001 – Health and Safety management certifications.
To achieve certification a company must demonstrate to an independent third party auditor that they have effectively implemented and maintain a health and safety management system that meets or exceeds standards set by the IS 18001 organizations. As verification our registered sites have been awarded Certificates of Achievement. These may be viewed on our Health and Safety Management System Certificates.
Baran Group is committed to maintaining a standard of excellence that ensures continual improvement in environmental, health, and safety (EHS) performance, including:
- Meeting or exceeding the requirements defined by applicable EHS laws and regulations, as well as other EHS requirements defined by customers, Company standards and procedures;
- Actively pursuing prevention measures that reduce environmental impacts and conserve natural resources through process improvement, recycling and other actions;
- Setting objectives and targets that focus on environmental considerations and the health and safety of employees in business planning, product design, and manufacturing;
- Providing appropriate engineering controls, administrative controls and safeguards for our operations;
- Educating and training employees in safe work practices and environmental protection measures;
- Clearly defining employee responsibility for adhering to EHS standards of performance;
- Seeking suppliers and vendors who demonstrate EHS responsibility;
- Measuring, reviewing and monitoring our EHS performance and progress;
- Sharing EHS information and expertise with others;
- Being responsible members of the communities in which we live and work;
- Providing information and programs to help employees lead a safe and healthy life.
We believe that every accident, and therefore every injury, is preventable. Our workers, from management to employees, are totally committed to achieving an IIF (Incident and Injury Free) culture and we embed this philosophy into every project through a combination of a state- of-the-art safety system, procedures, and ongoing training programs.
Our safety and health approach includes cutting-edge safety data systems and a behavior-based safety program. Our commitment to zero accidents covers every aspect of a project, from planning to completion, and from the boardroom to the field crew. Every employee has stop-work authority: “if it’s not safe, don’t do it”.
We also ask our subcontractors and partners to adopt our commitment to safety and health. The result is exceptional safety performance, even in hazardous work environments, severe weather, and remote locations.
Our dedication to safety helps keep workers safe and it also pays off for our customers. Their operating costs go down and productivity goes up because less time is lost to accidents. They also frequently pay less for insurance.